It's the first day of September, which means that there are only 22 more days of Summer!
Although that really doesn't mean too much being here in SoCal - nothing much will change for a while over here - then maybe, just maybe the temps will slightly drop and we might need to wear a sweater - ya know...Sweater Weather is Better Weather :)
Yesterday was a pretty productive day for me - I actually couldn't believe how much I actually got done! And yes I finally unpacked! LOL But I barely started packing for this coming weekend - that is definitely something that needs to be accomplished!
So now it's time to talk travel - it is of course Travelin' Tuesday, and while I might think about travel all week long and I might even talk about travel every now and again.
Today is the day when we share travel plans and updates with you!
We'll start off with this coming weekend - Las Vegas for Labor Day - we might not be packed and ready to go, but this trip is ready for take off and is sure to be a fantastic time!
This will be the second visit to Vegas for me this year - but it sure does seem like it's been a while longer! Being that the kiddos didn't want to come this past May, it was just Dave B and myself. The last time we were all there in Vegas was for Labor Day weekend 2014.
Vegas in May 2015
Vegas for Labor Day weekend 2014
The next trip on the calendar and only 24 Days away is to Hawaii or better known as paradise!
This trip is also ready to go and the latest SCOOP on this one was that we did in fact finally book our inter-island flights!
Ugh - okay so not sure what just took place but there was more info at this point and now it has completely vanished! Leaving me what is left down below:
And the latest weekender trip that is being put on the 2016 calendar is to Monterey, CA for some biking fun in the Sea Otter Classic!
So, I'm gonna leave it at this and wish you a Happy 1st of the Month and wonderful day!
Later Folks, -T
Elisa's Daily Scoop NEXT TRIP DEPARTS IN: 24 DAYS
Wow! Here we are in September!
These two Summer months flew by!! I know some of the kiddies around here went back to school today. Poor things!!
I've got a full plate today. Need to get the last of the homework done for Kelsey before returning to school tomorrow. I also need to get this little one new school shoes. She grew like a weed this summer!!
Thank goodness Gianna is in good shape. Everything seems to fit her fine.
I found a great article in Travel & Leisure this week. It's called "Five Ways to Make Your Airport Experience as Painless as Possible." I couldn't agree more with the tips given. CLICK HERE for the full article.
Here are the 5 tips:
1) Buy Access to a Lounge The lounges are so much more comfortable than sitting at the gate. The seating is more comfortable. It's quieter and they have complementary food.
2) Pack the Right Snacks No question that traveling can be stressful. Keeping yourself properly hydrated and munching on snacks that are both health and energy boosting will not only help you ward off the millions of germs you encounter, but also can aid in fighting jet lag. Bring protein bars, fruit & veggies.
3) Remember Power Accessories Today, we live by our phones and electronic devices. Charged items are a necessity. Power packs and portable chargers are a must when traveling.
4) Download Your Entertainment in Advance Don't find yourself relying on Wifi only to find out the connections are bad and unreliable. Download your favorite shows and music beforehand.
5) Buy Access to Wifi It's not a give in that wifi will be free or available in airports anymore. Subscriptions to Boingo are affordable—as little as $5 a month and can be used in airports as well as in flight.
I hope these tips are helpful to you as you begin your Fall travel!!