Elisa's Daily Scoop
Busy Friday the 13th
Here we are at the end of the work week. I hope you had a good one!
I have to say, it went by very quickly on this end! Had some drama that had to be worked out, but in the end, everything seems to be moving in the right direction!
Today is a bit of a busy day for me.
First thing this morning, I had to get up to school for the St. Patrick's Day Carnival. The kids are allowed to wear their own clothes today (no uniforms!) and participate in the games and festivities of the carnival.
I met up with a bunch of the other moms, namely by bestie, Denise, who will be volunteering. I offered to do a Starbucks run for a few of the girls as our day is starting off bright and early.
The Carnival is an annual tradition at the kids' school and in addition to the games, raffles and sweets, a free pizza lunch is being offered to all students!
It looked like there's was lots of fun had by all!
After School Playing
After leaving the Carnival, the supermarket is next on my agenda for a much needed food shopping. Since Gianna will be having two of her girlfriends over after school today, I decided to make them a little after school snack assortment of mini hors d'oeuvres, including mini tacos and mini spinach pies. For a sweet snack, I picked up some mini brownies!
Girls' Night Out
Keeping things moving, I'll be heading out tonight with my "girlfriends" - namely, my sister Danielle, her friend Theresa. Just dinner, but I can't tell you how much I could use a night out with the girls for silliness and laughter!
Last but not least, as part of our usual Travelin' Cousins' "festivities," we've got a dose of Foodie Friday being brought to you, complements of your's truly!
I stumbled upon this adorable little eatery while we were in Clearwater, Florida last month called the Clear Sky Beachside Cafe. Check out my review by CLICKING HERE.
Friday the 13th
Are you superstitious?
15 Facts about Friday the 13th
1. An estimated 17 to 21 million people suffer from a fear of Friday the 13th, according to a study by the North Carolina Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute.
2. Fear of Friday the 13th is known as FRIGGATRISKAIDEKAPHOBIA.
3. Friday the 13th always occurs at least once a year and can appear up to three times in any one year.
4. Fears surrounding the number 13 appear as early as 1700 BC.
5. The number 13 is omitted from the ancient Babylon's Code of Hammurabi.
6. One myth surrounding the fear of the number 13 is that if 13 people dine together, one will die within year and this is based on the Last Supper, when Jesus dined with the 12 Apostles prior to his death.
7. A second myth surrounding the fear of the number 13 is based on a Norse myth in which 11 close friends of the god Odin dine together only to have the 12-person party crashed by a 13th person, Loki, the god of evil and turmoil.
8. Unlike the number 13, the number 12 has long been viewed as a number of completeness as seen through many historic incidences including the
12 months of the year, 12 gods of Olympus, 12 hours of the clock, 12 tribes of Israel, 12 Apostles of Jesus.
9. In 1881, The Thirteen Club was started to de-mystify the fear of the number 13.
10. Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue
11. Many high-rise buildings refrain from having a 13th floor.
12. Hospitals avoid labeling rooms with the number 13.
13. Many airports will not have a gate 13.
14. Friday is also considered an unlucky day
because Jesus was crucified on a Friday according to Christian Scripture.
15. One of the most popular myths about Friday the 13th is that if you walk under a ladder or if a black cat crosses you on Friday the 13th, you will have bad luck.
Fun Weekend Plans Ahead...
I'll be back here tomorrow - I understand the weather predicted is not supposed to be terribly nice - we've lucked out the past few days with lovely sunshine and mild temps - I think it's supposed to be rainy tomorrow.
Tomorrow night, I'm headed into NYC to see the Broadway show, The Audience with Helen Mirren. I heard it's a bit deep, but I just love Ms. Mirren, so I'm very excited!! We'll begin the evening with pre-theatre dinner and I will plan to do a future Foodie Friday review of this "surprise" restaurant.
Well Happy Friday!!! Wishing you the best of luck today!!
Tanya's Daily Scoop
Friday the 13th...AGAIN
Hi there everyone! (insert big wave here)
It's Friday! Yup another Friday...
But really, what does that mean for today??
I've been trying to tie up loose ends with some of these up coming trips. So I did manage quite a few bookings throughout the day and then again late (very late) last night. And I've extended one of the upcoming trips as well!
I'll report all of these additions/changes to you on Travelin' Tuesday!
Nothing else really too exciting took place yesterday, it was rather a Ho Hum type of day.
And Dominic had his classes...which I like to snack at...
Well, not that I'm being a pig or anything, but I'm usually quite starving by the time of these classes, and then I'm there watching him for 2.5hrs.
I need to munch on something!
A regular snack we bring are these yummy seaweed snacks (don't knock 'em until you've tried them).
And occasionally some popcorn or something of the like.
Anyhow Mr Ponypants (Dave B for anyone who is wondering who the heck that is), seems to have no willpower or self control whatsoever when he is alone and he goes ahead and eats any "goodie" that is in his sight!
Needless to say that most of my Kale Popcorn was gone by Mr Sticky Fingers!
Good thing that I/we don't snack on or eat fatty rock foods or else this guy would need to go on a diet! LOL
And finally, as for today...
I'm gonna try to take Cosette horseback riding (if the schedule permits), and the kids have a special choir rehearsal later on.
I'll try and squeeze in as much "other" stuff as I can, and hopefully some more bookings and/or upcoming needed tickets (ballgames, shows, etc...).
Oh and btw - gonna probably order my own birthday cake today too! Ugh...
I think it's totally weird to order your own cake - but it's either that or take the chance on that no one else is gonna order one for me...YUP that's happened in the past!
I'm gonna get on with it, and catch you back here tomorrow for a fun and busy Saturday!