Hi everyone and greetings from Siesta Key, Florida.
After the very long day we had yesterday, we made our way out to our new accommodations and had a rather short night sleep.
So needless to say that I had some very tired kiddos this morning who were quite groggy and complaining about getting up and heading out to do our fun adventure of the day - playing up in the trees!
However once we got there and were in action they rose to the occasion and were rock stars as usual, Dominic was a stud and Cosette was a little stud muffin.
Today’s plan was to originally go stroll through the Morean Arts Center, however after we wrapped things up at Tree Umph, time was running kinda short and we still had yet to go get some much anticipated goodies from... Valhalla Bakery located in St Petersburg.
And then I decided to make some last minute plans and do a driving tour along the entire Peninsula, as well as stopping along the way at St. Pete’s Beach.
Hi! Hope your weekend is going well so far!
Mine has been pretty enjoyable so far! I finally found some precious spare time to head over and get a mani-pedi today. I even indulged in a quick ten minute back massage as well! It was all so relaxing and enjoyable.
Tanya brought me up to date this morning on her fun-filled day today. Although the three-hour time difference never seems to get in the way of our chatting when she is back home in Anaheim, it's still super nice to be in the same time zone when it happens, which has been the case during her current Florida Travel Adventure trip. The only thing better would be if I were in Florida with her right now!
As Tanya makes her way from Orlando to St. Petersburg today - approximately 107 miles - she will first be stopping in Bradenton for some super adventure course fun at TreeUmph!
With over 100 challenging courses that include exhilarating climbs, zip lining, and the opportunity to swing and free-fall from 15 to 60 feet in the air, this place is right up Tanya and her gang;s alley!
A few years back, during out Niagara Road Trip, we paid a visit to another adventure course destination, Ramblewild, which is in New Hampshire.
It was a fun day together, although my gang wasn't as adventurous as our cousins. Check out the Ramblewild link above to read all about our day.
Getting back to the day at hand, following their adventurous day, they will continue on to St. Petersburg. We've assembled a list of fun facts about this Florida town.
Here's to a great Saturday!!
6 Fun Facts About St. Petersburg, Florida
1. St. Petersburg is the fifth-largest city in Florida and the second-largest city in the Tampa Bay Area, after Tampa. Together with Clearwater, these cities comprise the Tampa–St. Petersburg–Clearwater Metropolitan Statistical Area.
2. Founded in 1888 by John C. Williams, who purchased the land, and by Peter Demens who brought the railroad industry into the area, St. Petersburg was named by Demens after he won a coin toss bet with Williams and named the land after Saint Petersburg, Russia.
3. St. Petersburg was incorporated as a town on February 29, 1892 and re-incorporated as a city on June 6, 1903.
4. With an average of some 361 days of sunshine each year, and a Guinness World Record for having the most consecutive days of sunshine (768 days between 1967 and 1969) it is nicknamed "The Sunshine City".
5. American Style magazine ranked St. Petersburg its top mid-size city in 2011, citing its "vibrant" arts scene.
6. In 2020, St. Petersburg was named a Top City to Visit in Conde Nast's 33rd annual Conde Nast Traveler 2020 Reader's Choice Awards. The city was recognized for being a "perfect" getaway because of its iconic beaches and historic destinations.