Elisa's Daily Scoop
Exciting Week Ahead!
How are you today?! Well, I'm happy to report, I am pretty well packed for Las Vegas, but, I really haven't unpacked from Florida - YIKES!
I just found it more appealing to pack for my trip than to unpack and put things away lol.
I'll get to it eventually. And honestly, it's not like I need many of the clothes that were packed for Disney and Boca because it's still FREEZING and SNOWY here in New York. (GRRRRR).
Alright so Tanya and I are working on some great things here at Travelin' Cousins. We have been looking at how we can partner with other companies and website to offer easy accessibility to you, our followers! We're hopeful that we'll have some great announcements to make in the coming week!!
Well, in light of it being Travelin' Tuesday, and my leaving for Las Vegas this week, I thought I would do a 15 for '15 List of Facts about Sin City!!
1. In 1905 the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake railroad arrived in Las Vegas, connecting the city with the Pacific and the country’s main rail networks.
2. The first hotel and casino to open in Las Vegas was the Golden Gate Hotel and Casino in 1906.
3. A 1910 law made it illegal to gamble in Las Vegas. The Nevada Legislature later approved a legalized gambling bill in 1931.
4. Bugsy Siegel named his casino the Flamingo after the long legs of his showgirl girlfriend.
5. The famous “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign was created in 1959 by Betty Willis.
6. In 1966 Howard Hughes checked into the penthouse of the Desert Inn and never left, preferring to buy the hotel rather than face eviction.
7. In 1989 longtime casino developer Steve Wynn opened the Mirage, the city’s first mega-resort
8. The city of Las Vegas celebrated its 100th Birthday on May 15, 2005.
9. Over 39 million people visit Las Vegas each year.
10. Approximately 34% of thefts and cheating in Las Vegas casinos are committed by staff.
The Las Vegas Strip is the brightest place on Earth when looked at from outer space.
11. A marriage license costs $60 in Nevada and there is no blood test or waiting period.
12. Las Vegas is translated to “the meadows” in Spanish
13. In the 1970s, Liberace played at the Hilton for a salary of $300,000 a week.
14. The largest sum won on the Las Vegas slots was at the Excalibur. After putting in $100, a 25 year-old software engineer won $39 million, beating the odds at the time for 1 in 16.7 million.
15. 15 of the world’s top 25 hotels are located in Las Vegas
Hope you have a super day!!!
Tanya's Daily Scoop
On the Road AGAIN!
Well Hello Hello!
Yup I'm on the road again...Road Trippin' yo!
Just for the record, this is our 5th trip so far for 2015 and we hit the road at 5:15am.
We will stop at Kirkwood Ski Resort before continuing on...
Eventually heading up to Lake Tahoe and for the second time this ski season, but also for our last ski trip of the season (insert sad face here).
I know it's still rather early for it to be our last ski trip of the season, but since I plugged my trip to The Azores during ski season, and since I'm not a fan of spring skiing.
I've chosen to put my skis away after this trip until next season - which I have a ton more ski trips planned! Yippie!!
Soooo today is Travelin' Tuesday, I'm Travelin' and I'll fill ya in on a few other
All tours are now BOOKED for the Azores, which departs in 18 days!
The trip that comes after the Azores is our Cousins Yellowstone Trip, that is piecing together nicely and the kids and I will make a longer road trip of it and hit San Francisco, and Portland on our way to Jackson Hole, where we'll meet up with Elisa and either 1 or both girlies for a week full of fun touring Jackson Hole, The Grand Tetons NP, and Yellowstone NP!!
I'm always so stoked when my kids come up with trip ideas!
Just last night Dominic had suggested that we go to Ireland for St Patrick's Day! Great idea & great fun son! He realizes that I've got lots on the calendar and that we can't go for a few years...but I'm happy to say that it's now on the calendar for 2018!!!
Yesterday, I took Cosette to the stables to wish Dream a Happy Birthday!
And while the kids were at choir rehearsal, Dave and I went to LAX to pick up a rental and this was actually quite a little story:
I love finding deals, but not when it comes at the expense of driving me crazy...
I had made an original reservation for the rental at a decent rate. Ok good.
Then I found a better rate and changed the reservation. Great!
But then I decided that I wanted to change the pick up time and found an even better rate. Awesome!
And that is where we were heading...
However once we arrived, the line was outrageous and the staff was clearly not equip to deal with this type of crowd.
The wait was just unacceptable for me.
I'm pretty decent at a lot of things...but I don't do waiting very well!
So while in line, I made good use of my handy dandy smarty pants phone and looked up some other local agencies...
Finding yet an even better deal nearby - but was there a wait???
I called over to the other agency and asked if they had a line, I was told that they had none at all. Done deal!
I called over to Dave and told him that we were bailing on the crazy line!
We drove about a mile and arrived at the new agency, walked in, signed a few dotted lines and were all set to roll!
That's what I do, and that's what I've done on a number of occasions!
I got a freakin' awesome deal, plus I was back to pick up the kids before I would've made it to the front of the line at the first agency!
Be sure to check out the very cool 15 of '15 List of Las Vegas Facts on Elisa's side!
And don't forget to place your daily vote ➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️
Oki Smoki Doki - I'll catch ya tomorrow from Tahoe!