Tanya's Daily Scoop Covering the West Coast & the World NEXT TRIP DEPARTS IN: 14 DAYS
Travel is Living Three Times
Best Day this week...so far!
I was so glad to wake up and actually feel fairly NORMAL. lol
Yesterday turned out to be yet another day confined to staying at home. I was just still not feeling well enough to go anywhere.
I had to postpone all of my errands and chores to today. I was hoping to at least feel well enough to go for my Easter mani/pedi, but nope, I'm finally doing that this evening.
Actually there did come a point in the evening yesterday when I did start to feel better.
It was beautiful! It was a total turning point on this road to recovery from an awful and lousy sinus infection. I got out of bed and went downstairs, wanting to go outside on the porch for some fresh air.
At that point is when I pretty much knew that the worst was over and that I'd be feeling much better from that point forward.
And boy oh boy does it feel great to feel pretty great (or at least what is pretty great for this week) which is totally what I'm use to!
And now let's talk a little bit about Travel.
It's my favorite!
Another travel addict friend of mine posted something earlier today that I absolutely loved:
Travel is living three times First you dream Then you travel Then you remember
Well today I finally had enough energy and focus to get some travel booking taken care of.
1. For VIENNA, I booked 2 concerts:
VIENNA RESIDENCE ORCHESTRA Listen to the world famous music of W.A. Mozart and Johann Strauss at the most beautiful historical locations in Vienna. Renowned opera singers and ballet-dancers will enchant you. The ensemble is performing in historical costumes.
KONZERTE IM MOZARTHAUS Chamber Music Concerts with the "Mozart Ensemble" in the "Sala Terrena", the oldest concert hall in Vienna, where Mozart played himself. Music of Mozart, Haydn, Schubert and Beethoven.
2. For SALZBURG, a Sound of Music Tour.
We will follow the traces of the Trapp family and take a tour through Salzburg and its surroundings. Visiting all of the original film settings and learn all about the historical and architectural landmarks of Salzburg as well as the Lake District. All while we relax and listen to the Original Sound of Music soundtrack and even sing-along - you know I'm gonna be singing along!
I'm very excited about this tour, but I just can't recall if Dave has even seen the movie...yet!
3. For SCHWANGAU (Germany)
Photo credit: neuschwanstein.de
Neuschwanstein Castle Neuschwanstein is one of the most popular of all the palaces and castles in Europe. Every year 1.4 million people visit "the castle of the fairy-tale king". In the summer around 6,000 visitors a day stream through rooms that were intended for a single inhabitant!
I've also taken a peak at all the facts Elisa has shared with us about South Padre Island, Texas. It's looks pretty cool cuz!
I hope she finally has been able to straighten out this lame healthcare ordeal that she is having to deal with - sounds like a major pain in the butt.
Well, I'm off. Wish me luck! -Travelin' Tanya
Elisa's Daily Scoop Covering Long Island & NYC Boroughs NEXT TRIP DEPARTS IN: 4 DAYS
15 Facts About South Padre, Island Texas
Hello to you today!
If any of you remember my blog the other day (March 27), I was going off on my crap ass health insurance from New York State, and how they advised me by mail that they were canceling Kelsey's coverage. Why? Because the social security office's records showed her name with a middle initial and my policy had her full middle name. They, therefore, concluded that she did not qualify because of this discrepancy (after 3 months, mind you).
So, as a result they wanted to see the actual social security card, which I could not find. So off I went to the social security office to secure a new on.
Well, I went the other day and they did not accept any of my proof of her identity! As a result, yesterday, I had to get a physician's letter with her date of birth, full names, etc. So.......
Then, I shoot over to the social security office right after getting the physician's letter and guess what? They close as 12noon. I got there at 1!!!
Guess where I'm going yet again today, FOR THE 3RD FREAKIN' TIME!!
OK, I purged and will move on.
Yesterday had it's good moments too!
I stopped by the Godiva Boutique to get the girls some Easter presents - milk and dark chocolate almond bark!!
While there, I struck up a conversation with the manager of the store, chatting about the challenge of having 13 year old daughters. As we were laughing and chatting, I mentioned to him that I write a travel blog (promptly handing him one of my cards), when he proceeded to share with me how he and his family go to South Padre Island, Texas regularly to visit family.
I had never heard of this place, so I was extremely intrigued! After doing a bit of research, I'm ready to tell you about my findings!
15 FACTS ABOUT SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, TEXAS
1. South Padre Island Texas is a resort town on a barrier island of the same name, off the southern coast of Texas in Cameron County.
2. It’s known for its beaches and calm waters.
3. South Padre Island is the longest barrier island in the world!
4. The Island is about 30 miles long, running north and south and only 1/2 mile across at it's widest point.
5. It is located in the Gulf of Mexico in the deep south of Texas on the border of Mexico.
South Padre Island, Texas coast line (photo credit: destination360.com)
6. About 2,000 residents live on SPI year round.
7. The Island receives at least 1/2 million visitors throughout the year.
8. South Padre Island Birding and Nature Center is home to a 5-story watchtower with views of migrating birds.
9. The South Padre Island Dolphin Research & Sealife Nature Center offers boat tours and touch tanks.
10. Sea turtles are rescued and rehabilitated at Sea Turtle Inc.
11. South Padre Island is named after José Nicolás Ballí (Padre Ballí), a Catholic priest and settler.
12. Summer is the time for family vacations on the island, with great activities to do such as: take surfing lessons, rent kayaks or try wakeboarding.
13. Dolphin watches are very popular.
14. Horseback riding adventures on the beach and ecological tours that explore Padre Island National Seashore are very popular in the area.
15. The Brownsville Airport is the closest airport to South Padre Island, Texas, located only 25 miles by car inland, with Continental Airlines flying into Brownsville.
Hey Tanya - how about a beach vacation in Texas??? Looks lovely from the pics and probably not as crowded as the Caribbean!
We'll have to get that on our radar!
Kiddos are off today with the start of Easter break. I think I'm going to hit Trader Joe's for some groceries and then get my Easter mani-pedi. I'm sure it will cost me a fortune as the girls will want one too!