Kelsey and I went shopping yesterday for all the ingredients for our many yummy snacks.
This morning, we got up early and began the cooking process! I purposely picked out some easy recipes so we weren't spending too much time at the stove.
A few of the dishes, I will be making closer to game time, like the nachos and the pizzadillas. But, the chicken chili is cooking and my corn fritters are completed!!
CHICKEN CHILI (SHHH - DON'T TELL TANYA IT'S NOT VEGAN NOR VEGETARIAN) (c) travelincousins.com
CORN FRITTERS FRYING UP (c) travelincousins.com
Kelsey did an AMAZING job of setting our Super Bowl Table!
KELSEY SET THE SUPER BOWL TABLE - JUST AWAITING THE FOOD! (c) travelincousins.com
Let's get down to some Super Bowl facts. I for one did not know most of this, so it was certainly an education for me!
17 Fun Facts About The Super Bowl
1. Winning the Super Bowl has more advantages than just a Lombardi Trophy. Players on the winning team take home $97,000 per person, while each losing player pockets $49,000.
2. The 49th Super Bowl between the Patriots and the Seahawks was viewed by 114.4 million viewers, making it the most watched telecast in television history.
3. The Jaguars, Browns, Lions and Texans are the only four teams to never reach the Super Bowl in the modern era.
4. Super Bowl Sunday is worldwide. The big game is broadcast around the globe in 34 different languages.
5. Katy Perry and the infamous Left Shark's halftime show at Super Bowl XLIX drew even more viewers than the game itself. Her performance was watched by 118.5 million people.
SUPER BOWL RINGS COST $5,000 EACH (credit: cbssports.com)
6. The Saints' win over Peyton Manning and the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV broke MASH's 20-year record for the most watched TV show in U.S. history.
7. For the Super Bowl each year, there are 72 regulation footballs used in the big game. Each and every football is specially made just for the Super Bowl.
8. The Steelers' most recent Super Bowl victory in Super Bowl XLIII over the Cardinals was the franchise's sixth in team history - the most any team has ever won.
72 SPECIALLY MADE, REGULATION FOOTBALLS ARE MADE FOR THE SUPER BOWL. (credit: cbssports.com)
9. On Super Bowl Sunday, Americans will drink an estimated 325.5 million gallons of beer and devour 1.25 billion chicken wings. It is the second largest day for food consumption in the USA behind Thanksgiving. 10. Newly inducted Hall of Famer Charles Haley has the most Super Bowl rings, five, of any player in NFL history. The pass rusher won five fingers worth of rings with the 49ers and Cowboys.
11. Tom Brady, along with Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw are the only QBs to ever win four Super Bowls.
TOM BRADY HAS BEEN TO 6 SUPER BOWLS (credit: cbssports.com)
12. Super Bowl 50 will be the first big game to not feature roman numerals in its title. The NFL uses roman numerals to "clarify any confusion that may occur because the NFL Championship Game -- the Super Bowl -- is played in the year following a chronologically recorded season. 13. A flashy Super Bowl ring is not cheap. The jewelry costs approximately $5,000 each. A team usually gets around 150 for each Super Bowl victory.
14. Tom Brady has been to a ridiculous six Super Bowls in his illustrious career, winning four of them. He currently has the most passing yards in Super Bowl history with 1,605. Kurt Warner is a distant second place with 1,156 yards.
15.The average ticket price at Super Bowl XLIX was a cool $6,500. That is 110 percent more expensive than the previous year.
16.The Broncos have won three Super Bowls in team history. Unfortunately, Denver also has lost an NFL-high five Super Bowls.
17. The Lombardi Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Super Beach each year. It is made by Tiffany & Co. and weighs seven pounds, stands 21 inches tall and is worth $25,000.
Well, just like my dear cuz, I'm heading out to get my mani-pedi today. Kelsey is going to come along as she is quite addicted to pedicures!
Company is coming over at around 4pm, so that gives me plenty of time to pamper a bit.
Lastly, I'm so JEALOUS and HAPPY (all at the same time) for Tanya who is leaving on her Winter Wonderland Tour tomorrow. We will be kicking it off (no football pun intended) with lots of information about Montreal, Tanya's first stop.
Tanya's Daily Scoop NEXT TRIP DEPARTS IN: 1 DAY
Ready for Kick Off?
Yikes Guys... In less than 24 hours we'll be en-route to good ol' Montreal!
Still with much to do, just happy that we'll not talking huge errands and chores. But still To Dos.
Happy to annouce that Dave's luggage is all zipped up and ready to go. The kids cases have also been all zipped up - but there are a few items that I hoping to make room for although the bags are rather like over-stuffed beasts!
And then there is mine... Luckily I still have quite a bit of room, but still a bunch of odds & ends to toss in. Hope I don't go over weight on the old gal.
If you have been following along, you'd know by now that I have made just about enough pizza dough and sauce to stock a pizzeria! LOL And I still have all the rest of the Super Bowl dishes to work on once I get back home.
But for now I'm going for a relaxing Winter Wonderland manicure this morning, yet color-wise I don't quite know what that means - but I'm sure it will be fantastic!!
We also have a quick run into REI scheduled to pick up a few more pairs of WARM socks and to check out the Zippo Hand Warmers which are suppose to produce more than 10 times as much heat as most disposable warmers and lasts for up to 12 hours.
Even if I don't pick up a pair today - you can be sure that I'll be grabbing some for the family before the next time that we head on out to FREEZING Quebec City!
Let me not fool you into thinking that it's not gonna be COLD - I'm still talking temps in the teens+, with some exceptions in the single digits (looks as though Saint Moritz is going to be the coldest). But we are still not talking anything the COLD that can be encountered in Quebec City!
The expected temperatures for tomorrow in Montreal are between 14F-17F - cold and all, but not too bad.
However nothing like the weather we experienced here in SoCal yesterday - where the highs got up into the low 60's.
We had a lovely day taking Cosette to the stables. Where I spotted this oh so adorable pot full of tiny cacti, and one in bloom with a vibrant pink floral crown. I just had to stop and snap a few shots..
Tiny barrel cactus (c)travelincousins.com
Close up of the itty bitty flowers on the baby cactus (c)travelincousins.com
However once we left the stables the clouds had come in and the sky had gone grey, which typically I don't mind - unless I'm planning on taking pictures - which was our plan!
We were leaving the stables and heading to the Hsi Lai Temple to meet up with Dominic, Jet, Andrew, and Chaplin.
The good news was that once we arrived on site to the temple we were blessed with gorgeous weather and the most perfect blue sky...
Year of the Rooster (c)travelincousins.com
Cosette wearing Dominic's hat (c)travelincousins.com
Great decoration throughout (c)travelincousins.com
Each candle is a prayer (c)travelincousins.com
The wishing tree (c)travelincousins.com
My ribbon/wish (c)travelincousins.com
My signature sunburst (c)travelincousins.com
Just me and my green haired son (c)travelincousins.com
And as we were about to leave the dark grey clouds filled the sky once again.
I certainly didn't mind though!
Grey skies coming (c)travelincousins.com
All smiles (c)travelincousins.com
Rising Dawn of Success (c)travelincousins.com
Wishing you oHappiness and Peace (c)travelincousins.com
Family shot (c)travelincousins.com
And of course today is all about finalizing for the trip and watching the big game!