BRAND BALLOT'S TOP 100 MOM BLOGS FOR 2018!!
My Travel Dilemma
Hump Day here and this sunshine is abounding today!
And even if the sun was not shining outside, it would be a very bright day for me and my family regardless since today is Dad's last day of radiation therapy!!
We've made it through several hurdles, including radiation, MRI's and a biopsy and now we are just about at the final stage of his treatment. The doctor will tell us next week what his suggestion is for the next best step - chemo or immunotherapy.
Either way, we are feeding Dad lots of fresh squeezed juices, a plant-based diet and have cut out sugar. It's a shame most people wait until they are sick to adopt these healthy practices, but, better late than never for Dad.
In Travel News...
Cousins Taste of Sicily Trip
Well guys, I'm very distressed because I have not as yet made a final decision as to whether I am comfortable leaving the country and going away for two weeks while Dad is going through his treatments.
I still hadn't purchased my air tickets when Dad was hospitalized over a month ago and I'm wondering if that was a blessing in disguise, with how I would be needed and want to be there for him through this healing process.
But, as of today, I'm starting to get a bit freaked since I still have not made a decision one way or the other if we will be joining Tanya and gang for our "homeland" trip.
The idea of not going, literally makes me sick, as I wanted for us all to share this amazing opportunity together. And at the same time, I'm filled with fear and trepidation about not being close to home for the next few months.
Whatever shall I do???? My girls have been wonderful. While they were so looking forward to this family trip (especially Gianna), they have said over and over that they are completely on board with canceling due to "Grandpa's" current state of health.
While that makes me feel great on one level, it makes my decision to possibly cancel, all the more difficult, because I can't justify going with the idea that I'd be breaking the kids' hearts.
I truly need to make a decision as it's not fair to Tanya to know whether she will have us with her or not. Additionally, if I do not purchase airline tickets soon, it will be quite cost prohibitive.
IF...I wind up canceling, my fall-back plan will be to take a few weekend trips. Kelsey has wanted to go to Washington D.C. and Boston again. It's been a long time since we visited D.C. and our last trip toBoston was in November of 2015.
I'm a bit overwhelmed right now, so I'll have to give it till Tuesday when Dad has his next doctor appointment to determine his next medical step.
So, have you been enjoying our Guest Blogs lately? We have so many requests to contribute interesting travel articles to Travelin' Cousins these days - more than we ever expected.
Remember, we change them every Monday!!
Happy Hump Day!
Tanya will check in soon! - Travelin' Elisa