1. Siesta Key is a barrier island off the southwest coast of the U.S. state of Florida, located between Roberts Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
2. Siesta Key is part of the Bradenton–Sarasota–Venice Metropolitan Statistical Area.
3. From the 1800s and early 1900s, Siesta Key was known by a variety of names, including "Little Sarasota Key" and "Sarasota Key”
4. Siesta Beach was ranked the #1 Beach in the U.S. in 2020 by TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice Awards™
5. Beaches on Siesta Key include Siesta Beach, Crescent Beach, and Turtle Beach.