We have decided to combine our columns into one blog post, which is something we do every once in a while.
As you guys know all too well, after travel, our next favorite thing is a great bargain!! So when we get wind of an opportunity that brings both travel and a good deal together, nothing makes us happier than to join forces to share the information with you.
This summer has been like no other in recent times in terms of the impact it has had on travel and tourism around the globe. The trend has been towards local travel and exploration like never before and as the ongoing public health crisis continues to impact the travel industry, more and more folks are looking at opportunities to take a "staycation" and enjoy the sights and attractions in their own cities and states.
In light of this, we wanted to share some welcomed “travel” news announced by The Sightseeing Pass for an opportunity to enjoy local sightseeing savings through Labor Day!
The Sightseeing Pass is essentially a travel assist sight, designed to make planning your trip easier and offering savings passes to a variety of sights and experiences. Visitors can get information and access to the best attractions and save money when visiting at least two. By visiting the city of your destination on the site, you can view all Pass options. They also have a free Sightseeing Pass App where you can download free maps and guides, and insider tips for each destination.
The company recently announced a new giveaway program for local residents, where up to one million of its savings passes will be distributed across its 12 partner cities around the United States and Europe, including New York City and Philadelphia through its website. This Is a super way to enjoy a staycation right at or close to home! And these days, who doesn’t love a great Staycation!
According to Sightseeing Pass vice president, Ken Barrows, “This is a unique opportunity for locals to become tourists and support local businesses, local attractions and neighborhoods without the typical, peak summer crowds.”
We love supporting “local” and especially if we can save some money in the process!
This discount program provides special offers and savings on a variety of experiences including outdoor dining, retail and outdoor activities typically reserved for Sightseeing Pass holders.
If you are trying to fill in the rest of your summer calendar with nearby experiences and things to do, New York and Philly are two cities to consider as you plan. Check out these options:
In New York City, Long Island and Hudson Valley:
- Manhattan by Sail - Enjoy the savings and sounds of the water on an iconic clipper vessel.
- Empire Outlets on Staten Island’s North Shore - Take a ride on the free Staten Island Ferry to New York City’s first outlet destination and take in the panoramic views of the Statue of Liberty and NY Harbor.
- Long Island’s Wine Country - Kick back with a day trip to the peaceful wine country on Long Island’s North Fork
- Hudson Valley - Great deals on meals at flavorful restaurants such as Woodpecker Pizza Bar & Grill.
- Franklin Square Mini Golf - Putt your way through Center City Philadelphia's ONLY miniature golf course, featuring 18 holes designed after favorite Philly spots.
- The Rocky Walking Tour - Climb up the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum just like Rocky!
- City Tavern Restaurant - Explore the city’s culinary cuisine and history with a meal at City Tavern Restaurant, a place where the country’s founding fathers once dined.
For our followers living in or traveling to other areas, this new Sightseeing Pass program also includes the following cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Miami, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, New Orleans, Smoky Mountains, London, England and Malaga, Costa Del Sol.
Program activities vary by city, but a general sampling across all partner cities includes rental cars for weekend getaways between cities, various retail and dining offers, sunset sails for a relaxing escape, walking tours, bike rentals and more.
Here's to a fun, safe and enjoyable rest of summer!
We will see you back here on Wednesday on our respective "Scoop" columns!!
- Travelin' Elisa and Travelin' Tanya