BRAND BALLOT'S TOP 100 MOM BLOGS FOR 2018!!
Interesting Facts About the Mediterranean Sea
Happy Hump Day!! Wednesday already and rather cloudy here on Long Island.
I woke up to frost on the windshield, the skies are gray - all the signs of snow??? We'll see.
Anyhoo, it's been a very productive week. I've been working on some wonderful affiliations with other bloggers from around the globe and as a result, we will be sharing articles with one another in the coming months. So, what that means for Travelin' Cousins is that we'll be featuring Guest blogs about a variety of places and topics that we are sure you will enjoy!
Our first new Guest Blog will be featured this coming Monday (January 21st) by our China-based fellow blogger (and interpreter), entitled: 5 Top Best Cities to Visit in China.
We are super excitd about all the new, fun travel info we will be bringing to you in the coming year!!
As for your favorite cousins - well, I'm going to be busy today helping a friend set up her own blog, while Tanya is enjoying her fifth day on her Mediterranean cruise trip.
I thought I'd enlighten you with some interesting facts about the beautiful Mediterranean sea to celebrate Tanya's day at sea.
8 Interesting Facts About the
1. The Mediterranean Sea is almost completely enclosed by land.
2. In oceanography, it is sometimes called the Eurafrican Mediterranean Sea or the European Mediterranean Sea to distinguish it from mediterranean seas elsewhere.
3. Throughout history, it has been called many things by different civilizations.
4. Large islands in the Mediterranean are numerous:
5. Being nearly landlocked affects conditions in the Mediterranean Sea, one of which is that tides are very limited as a result of the narrow connection with the Atlantic Ocean.
6. The Mediterranean Sea is best known for its deep blue color.
7. There are 22 countries that have a coastline on the Mediterranean Sea. These include:
It certainly appears that one of the best ways to truly get an overview of this world-renown body of water and the nations that surround it, is, in fact a cruise! I do hope Tanya will have lots of photos and stories once she has wifi!
Wishing you a good one!
Looking forward to hearing from Tanya? Check back a bit later! - E