Well, this past week has brought us lots of fun events.
On Thursday night, Kelsey and her 6th Grade class participated in the Social Studies Fair and my little babe was Joan of Arc. You may remember, I was sewing away to make "Joan's" cape.
Here are some pics:
Representing the Middle Ages - Joan of Arc and Warwick Castle on display (c) travelincousins.com
Joan and a few Historic friends (c) travelincousins.com
Last night was the school play performance of The Little Mermaid. I have to say, it was the most adorable middle school performance I have ever seen! The scenery was wonderful, the lighting and musical direction was terrific and the acting and singing was just delightful by these 11-14 year olds!!
The "Mer" sisters - Gianna was one of these sparkly mermaids in the school production of The Little Mermaid (c) travelincousins
My little chef, Kelsey - second from the right (c) travelincousins.com
The whole Cast of The Little Mermaid (c) travelincousins.com
Gianna and her friends after the show (c) travelincousins.com
The kids were zonked after this very busy week!
They fell asleep immediately upon arriving home.
Before we knew it, the alarm was going off this morning and Kelsey and I were out the door to head to Ismari's Hair Place to get beautified!
Kelsey all set up waiting to get her hair cut!
The festivities continue tonight as Gianna will be hosting about 15 of her school mates for a little party at our house to celebrate her 14th.
Lot's of pizza on the way! And I already bought the cupcakes and brownies!!
Now, as you might have noticed, Tanya is in Gdańsk, Poland today. She sent me about eight photos from this charming little town.
By the way, my dear cuz also advised me that she LOVES! Gdańsk! My phone was dying at the hair salon while we were texting, so I was unable to get all the details of exactly what captivated her about this Polish town, but don't worry - one of us will give you some insight into this.
Hopefully, Tanya will be able to pop on later and give you her personal account, or I'll speak with her and tell you more tomorrow.
For now, I wanted to give you some facts about Gdańsk:
Long Market, Gdańsk, Poland (c) travelincousins.com
10 Facts About Gdańsk, Poland
1. Gdańsk is a port city on the Baltic
coast of Poland.
2. It has a Main Town in its center, comprised of the colorful facades of Long Market, now home to shops and restaurants.
3. The Main Town was reconstructed after World War II.
4. Nearby, Neptune Fountain, is a 17th-century symbol of the city topped by a bronze statue of the sea god.
5. Gdańsk is also a center for the world’s amber trade and boutiques throughout the city sell the ossified resin.
6. With a thousand-year history as an important commercial and communication route with an extensive port Gdańsk has developed into a place of many cultures, nationalities and denominations.
7. The first written mention of Gdańsk comes from 997 as it became a defensive and urban complex and a commercial port for the development of trade, fishery and craft guilds in the second half of the 10th century.
8. From about 1497, Gdańsk was one of the wealthiest and most significant cities in Europe.
9. In the 16th century, the city turned into a true melting pot of nationalities and denominations.
10 Today, after many political changes and a period of communism, Gdańsk is a dynamically developing town, deserving of the title "the Pearl of the North."
I cannot wait to chat with Tanya and hear first-hand, about her visit!!
Off to set up for Gianna's party - enjoy your Saturday!!
Tanya's Daily Scoop Covering the West Coast & the World
CURRENTLY TRAVELING IN: POLAND
A Day in Gdańsk, Poland
Hey there - well, I spoke to Tanya today and she is absolutely LOVING Gdańsk! Here are some photos of her day!!!
Hopefully, she will make it on, but if not, you have a bit of visual insight into her day!! -E
It's me, but I'm only here for a sec.
I was trying to bop on hours ago to give you the full scoop with pictures and all, but I was having some issues with the wifi. It got frustrating and so I moved on.
Anyhow, I LOVE Gdansk! There I said it!
Fell in love with it from the moment that I stepped foot outside of our hotel!
I know that I can be a rather JADED person. But not here. Not here my dear. Not at all.
If had only one word to describe how I felt it would be WOWED. In fact I used that word quite a bit as I walked around gazing at every little detail that my eyes could capture.
For now, please enjoy the few pictures that have been uploaded. I have plenty more to share and I should have more time later to work on uploading and sharing them.