Elisa's Daily Scoop
Tanya's Daily Scoop
Saturday is here!! How are you?
My day is started out early today. I drove out east to take the girls horse back riding. We couldn't go straight to the barn because all of their tack, riding boots, saddle and helmets were at the house, so we had to stop there, pick up all the equipment and then head to the barn.
Now, I need to vent!!! Before leaving home, it started to "drizzle." Well, so I thought. It was actually flurries. REALLY!!
The further east we drove, the more snow was coming down and there was accumulation along the sides of the highway! Kelsey turned to me and said "Mom, Mother Nature is really getting on my nerves!!." I couldn't have agreed with her more!
Walking into the barn was a nightmare! Mud and puddles everywhere! I had to make two trips into the barn because I had so much stuff to carry. ICK!! I'm so done with this Winter weather.
Ok - Rant over!
I headed into the town of Westhampton after dropping off the girls to meet Lisa, only to find her in the bagel cafe editing one of her daughter's term papers which was due yesterday!! I finished writing my blog at the same time.
The rest of the morning was spend laughing and catching up and discussing how she was going to help us sell one of our houses in Remsenburg.
We then headed over to my house to make a list of all the things I need to do to get it ready for showing next month.
So, it looks like I'll be back out here within the next week or so to clear up the inside and do a few fix-ups on the exterior.
Have you been keeping up with Tanya's adventures in the Azores?!! It sounds like an amazing place and a memorable trip! How gorgeous are her pictures!!
Here is my 15 for 2015 with the help of Lisa and her partner John, owners of East End Living Magazine:
As promised, I am sharing with you, my latest 15 for 2015 list:
15 Tips for Hamptons Summer Rentals
1) Get a realtor (not every rental is listed)
2) Start early (the best properties go first)
3) Know what you want (ie.: pool, by the water, close to town)
4) Don't rent from Memorial Day to Labor Day (most people can't come out to June till kids are out of school.) Rent July to Labor Day as this is probably the time you will actually use it.
5) If you are planning to take your pet, be sure that your rental allows pets.
6) Always go see the property -don't rent sight unseen
7) Ask about extended Seasons (many times the owner will give you an extra week at the end of season cheap)
8) Check the towns close to the Hamptons such as East Moriches, Eastport - get more bang for your buck.
9) Check rules as far as beach access.
10) If you have a boat - make sure you arrange dock space before you sign your rental agreement.
11) Group Rentals are not allowed anymore - there has to be no more than two unrelated groups in the house.
12) Make sure the owner has a Rental permit from the town of Southampton or run the risk of losing your rental.
13) Weekly rentals are available in some places, but not very often.
14) Check who is responsible for all of the maintenance (i.e.: lawn care, air conditioning)
15) Make sure all pools, not tubs and other amenities are working and usable before you take possession.
If you are thinking of doing a summer rental, feel free to contact Lisa Skoff from Coldwell Banker Trading Places Realty for more information. (631-800-1234). She'll give you the "411" on everything you need to know to find a memorable summer in the Hamptons on Long Island!!
The rest of my day is pretty mellow. The girls will be at the barn till later this afternoon and I'll just be hanging out here watching the snow fall and relaxing in town at one of the cafes catching up on some writing.
I went to a Pampered Chef party at my friend Alycia's house. I brought Danielle along and we had fun with the interactive presentation.
Danielle and I made a S'mores cake. It was delish, as was the rest of the food that was prepared.
Sorry guys, my Foodie Friday link was not active yesterday. Hope you enjoy reading about Bond 45 in NYC!
Well folks, I'm going to say goodbye for now!!
Enjoy your Saturday!!
PS: remember to vote: --->>>--->>>
Good Day Everyone!
Another wonderful weekend is in full flow and it's gonna be another day in paradise!
But the difference is that today we'll be sailing off into the blue yonder!
We'll be sailing along to the Vila Franco do Campo Islet which is famed for the Red Bull cliff diving competition, and will host the World Series of this event for the 4th consecutive year!
These cliffs are phenomenal monoliths of Portugal's Azores islands, and this year the event will also feature a female competition for the very first time ever!
Being held on July 18th, 2015 - the event has attracted more than 70,000 spectators to witness
those Cliff Diving peeps - who are just totally CRAZY!
Another exciting thing about our private day at sea will be our search for Dolphins!
National Geographic amongst other field experts have consistently listed The Azores in the Top 10 Best Whale Watching locations worldwide!
The Azores are widely known for being a whale watching Mecca, but it's not quite the season for the big guys quite yet and I'll be perfectly thrilled to catch up with some fun lovin' Dolphins!
And here's just a little glimpse of yesterday for ya:
Much more to come!
Including information and pictures from the fun and amazing time that we had horseback riding with our Azorean guide 'João' from Equiacores...
If you don't already, you're gonna certainly wish you were here and start booking your own trip to Portugal and The Azores!
I'm not leaving yet, but I already know...
As Arnold Schwarzenegger says "I'll be back!"
It's fun time, and I'm gonna go!
Well, I can hardly believe that I've be able to post as many pictures today as I have shared!
One huge difference is that these pics were all taken with my iPhone rather than any of my cameras.
Guess I'll try to continue to take some pics with the iPhone for the duration of this trip and then share the photos from the cameras upon my return.
Oh well...whatever works!