Tanya's Daily Scoop
Elisa's Daily Scoop
A Closer Look At Keystone, Colorado
GREETINGS FROM RIVERHEAD, LONG ISLAND!
I am so happy it's the weekend and a three-day weekend, to boot!
We will be spending two days this weekend at the barn. I can't express just how excited the kids are for a Saturday and Sunday of riding!
Our little gang arrived here a little before 9am and the girls ran into the stables.
As for me, it was the first time, I didn't trek into the barn with them. It is so rainy and muddy here, that I decided to just drop them off and head over to Riverhead (about 10 miles away) and just hang out in the lovely Tanger Outlets in the Food Court.
This place is way cool. They have internet stations and charging stations throughout with food court!
Great place to hang out for a few hours - enjoy my yummy hot chocolate (from Starbucks, right next door) and get my blog done for the day!
Hey, did you catch Tanya's blog yesterday describing the start of her trip to Breckenridge, Colorado -- her first ski trip of the 2016 season!!!
She spent the day yesterday in Denver touring the Denver State Capitol, as well as a tour of Dinosaur Ridge - don't miss the full scoop!!
Today, she heads to Keystone for her first day on the slopes of Colorado!
How much do you know about KEYSTONE, Colorado? Well, here are some Fun Facts!!
16 THINGS TO KNOW
1. Keystone is the home of the Keystone Resort, originally built in the 1970's by the Ralston-Purina Company and owned today by Vail Resorts.
2. The Keystone Resort ski area occupies 3 separate mountains: Dercum Mountain, North Peak, and The Outback; outdoor activities, lodging and dining in two unique villages.
3. The resort has many summer and winter outdoor activities. The winter activities include alpine skiing, snowboarding, tubing, ice-skating, cross-country skiing, horse-drawn sleigh ride dinners, and snowmobiling. The summer activities include hiking, mountain biking, fishing, trail running, golf on two championship courses, and paddle boating on Keystone Lake.
4. There are 5 main areas of Keystone:, East Keystone, River Run Village, Mountain House Base Area, The Lakeside Village and Keystone Ranch.
5. A51 - Keystone Resort has one of America’s best terrain parks, boasting 60 acres with over 100 features and a park specific lift.
6. The largest mountain in Summit County offering 3,148 skiable acres, 20 lifts and two gondolas, all nestled at the foot of 2 unique villages.
7. Keystone is only a short drive from other resorts in Summit County - about 10 minutes to Arapaho Basin, 20 minutes to Breckenridge, and 20 minutes to Copper Mountain.
8. Day lift tickets and season passes at Keystone are also honored at Breckenridge and Arapaho Basin.
9. Kids 12 and under ski free with any 2 night stay at Keystone.
10. Keystone is home to Adventure Point, one of Colorado's best tubing spots is at the summit of Dercum Mountain at Adventure Point.
11. The largest Zamboni -maintained outdoor skating rink (5 full acres) in North America can be found here.
12. Keystone is home to multiple AAA 4 Diamond, Wine Spectator and Zagat Survey-rated restaurants.
13. Located within the Keystone Lodge is a 10,000 square foot luxury spa.
14. Nine trails that remain open into the evening equaling 243 acres, making it the largest night ski operation in Colorado.
15. Eleven and one-half hours of daily skiing and riding available at Keystone, making it the longest ski day in Colorado.
16. 146,000 chocolate chunk and white chocolate cherry cookies are baked annually by Executive Pastry Chef Ned Archibald for Keystone’s check-in cookie bag program.
Sounds like a pretty awesome place to be!!! Can't wait to read all about Tanya's personal account tomorrow!!
Here's to an amazing day to you!!
Please check back here daily to